Friday, April 2, 2010

Brass Knuckles


the first of many Calgary tattoo, my brass knuckles and rose. i always wanted brass knuckles with girly twist. (hence the heart - i like to try and put hidden hearts in my tattoos.) its funny how opinions change over time. 3 years ago i got a little swallow on the right side of my chest. i only did the outline as i didnt want it to look to trashy. now chest tattoo are one of my favorite tattoo to look at. thats why i decided that my chest tattoo was the perfect one to get next. as soon as i got to calgry i started looking at tattoo artist in the area. a had some spare time one sunday arvo and my roommate evan drove me to on place i was looking at downtown, as soon as i waked into the studio i got a good vibe straight away. after spending some time looking through different artist portfolios i saw one that caught my eye. i decided straight away he was going to be my Calgary tattoo artist. i booked a appointed with him for the following friday. after talking to him for awhile i discovered he had only been tattooing for 6 years, he recently moved to Arthouse tattoo from a smaller shop. i think he does great work. the next friday i walked in ready for my next tattoo. 10mins later i realised i didn't even eat my ritual before tattoo breakfast. originally he put the design on, smaller than what it is now. i decided go bigger, bigger the better for tattoos i say. the outline sucked. i put in my itouch and listened to some BOTDF and grinspoon. after the outline was finished a loosened up alot, took up the earphones and chatted way to my artist for the shading he was a pretty cool guy. one of the guys who works there was Australian, t was refreshing to hear another Australian accent. a few minutes later 'land down under' men at work came onto the radio, it brought a smile to my face. the pain factor was pretty bad but having the tunes and chats certainly helped. the weather in Calgary is soooooo dry so i had to make sure it was moisturised throughout the healing process. i love my new tattoo, i had had alot a good compliments about it. well its looks like my Canada experience is up to date now. planning my next tattoo now.....
tattoo done by Luke at Arthouse tattoo, kennsinton, Calgary

1 comment:

  1. Everytime you get a new tattoo I want one but I'm not as brave without you making me get one (who could forget the pain gripping my face on my wrist tattoo?) xx

    ReplyDelete